Monday, August 3, 2009

My Latest IM Patrol

Last night my oldest daughter was on her computer "chatting" with her friends. I decided to come to my office and just take a "peek" at what all was being said. After view the logs of what I consider absolute nonsense, I saw the IM (Instant Message) from her friend that said:

"Ask your mom if you can come over tomorrow and go swimming at my house. My parents are not going to be home and my friends sister is getting us some beer. We are going to have a party"

I was sweating.. What would my daughter say?? I just knew the question was going to be asked of me "Can I go over swimming tomorrow?". "What would I say?" Luckily, I didn't have to face that situation because she told her that she could not come over that her mom would never go for it.

Needless to say, my $3.99 I spend each month on Family Safe Solutions is going to be getting a working in the coming days. I have set up a monitor on the particular friend she was talking with and I will be keeping a close eye on what is being said in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment